Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Favorite Building-The Pantheon

Ciao all, how is everyone doing?  Hope you all enjoyed the food and wine blog yesterday, I had fun writing and remembering what fun it all was.  I leave Casale Monferrato on Thursday and have figured out my plans, Im headed back to Genoa.  I liked the hostel there and it was fairly priced and well located to do day trips to the cities I want to visit-Asti, Alba, and Cinque Terre.  Its a safe place to keep my things, I can do laundry there, and I know the bus system well after spending a couple days there so I feel good about it.  Also I want to visit the aquarium there, it is supposed to be quite a sight, much like the one in Monterey I hope.
I thought today I would keep it simple and share some pictures of my favorite building in Roma, the Pantheon.  For a building that old, what a place, that's about all I can say.  Tomorrow I plan to post the tasting notes from my 2nd visit to the Enoteca at the old castle.  I'm thinking of going back tomorrow for a 3rd and final visit before I depart this wonderful city, hopefully the same helpful woman is working as last Wednesday.  Salute!
Now that is a skylight

More buildings these days should have holes in the center of the roof

If you repair it, they will come

No comments:

Post a Comment