Monday, October 11, 2010

Ciao from Casale Monferrato

Hey all, gotta make this post quick because im at the castle in Casale and only get 2 hours a week here, at the library i get more time but my password wont work til tomorrow.  Im doing great and having a wonderful time. 
Im in Casale Monferrato in Piemonte in Northwest Italy, a great wine region indeed.  Barbera, Dolcetto, nebbiolo, Moscato, Arneis... i think you get the point.  Im staying and helping out at an Intercultural center and the people are wonderful, I feel that i am learning so much about myself and am grateful for that.  We are doing a wine dinner on Thursday night to raise money for the center and I get to do the preparations for it, right down my alley indeed. 
The other good news is I have a work program set up for November, not sure how long, in Maremma in Southern Tuscana.  i cant wait for the warmer weather, sorry Piemonte but you are getting cold outside. 
Gotta run for now, but tomorrow im visiting the tasting room in the castle and will report back my tasting notes and am trying to look into a day trip to some wineries in the area around Casale Monferrato.
Ciao for now, Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment