Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Arrivederci Venezia

Gotta make this one short, still have to pack my bag and get out of the hotel by 11, and its 10:10 right now.  Venice was ok, my least favorite city of the 3 majors to start, but it is still a great city.  I feel like 2 days is plenty of time for most to spend here, see the sites, fight the crowds, and eat some good seafood.  I loved when my mom ordered chicken, I know chicken right, and she got fried chicken strips-haha.  The San Marco Piazza is totally flooded because of rains and high tides, its kind of a trip.
Im headed west today to Asti in Piedmont, the heart of wine country there where I will be staying for about the next 2 weeks working and studying at a multicultural center, can you believe I will have to adhere to a vegetarian diet there, wish me luck.  I should have much more to report about next post in a few days wine wise, and still have to relay on my tasting notes from the Castello in Chianti Classico I viisited, so stay tuned.  Time to finish packing and head to the train station.  Ciao for now.  Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment