Thursday, October 28, 2010

An Apology Goes Out

I must write an apology as it is in no way my intention to upset anyone in the wine industry, especially those who are doing things and making products I greatly respect. 

I incorrectly reported some information regarding Oreste Buzio Azienda that I would like to rectify.  My understanding from studies was that an azienda agricola company was one that produced a majority of its wines from vineyards that it directly owned and managed.  Oreste Buzio Azienda, being 100% Organic Codex Certified, can only produce wines from its owned properties.  So I incorrectly reported upon the company and its Grignolino which I did very much enjoy.

Again it was not my desire to hurt or hinder any of their progress as many of you reading this blog know that I did indeed work for a winery in the Santa Cruz Mountains named Hallcrest, which also strived for the organic movement.  They were in fact the 1st winery in the United States to be Certified Vegan by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) over 20 years ago. 

I hope that this record will go out to Marco as a public apology and that again I am very sorry as it was not my aim in any way but to promote the quality of the product.  Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment